Interacting with the Magnet Switch
The magnet is the tool we use to interact with the LevelSmart. In the event you want to pair, reset or change a desired set level, you will need the magnet to do so.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE MAGNETIC SWITCH:
- The magnet will not “magnetize” to the controller or the sensor. You have to hold it in place.
- The red “ALARM” Led will flash back at you when the magnet switch is activated on the controller. When- ever using the magnet you want to see the ALARM LED illuminated when the magnet is applied to the valve controller.
- The remote sensor will let you know it has been engaged with three green lights upon removal of the magnet. There will only be 3 flashes.
- If you place the magnet on the valve controller and can not get the “ALARM” LED to illuminate, move the magnet around that area until you get the red ALARM LED to illuminate indicating you are engaging the magnet switch. In some instances, the polarity is slightly off, but is not broken.
Change desired water level
- Make sure your valve controller is showing a green sensor LED.
- Bring water to the new desired water level, making sure it is still on the sensor.
- Use the magnet to reset the sensor in the pool by holding the magnet on the sensor for 5 seconds and removing it
- Make sure you got three green flashes on the sensor when you removed the magnet
- Now observe the valve controller green sensor LED flash for about a minute as it re-calibrates your new set level.
- Make sure you end with a solid green sensor LED.
Valve controller LED Guide
Each illuminated LED can represent different things, so it is important to understand what each LED represents. Sometimes you will have two LEDs illuminated at the same time. Below is the key to identify each LED on the valve- controller and what it means.
Alarm, Action and Sensor all flashing in a sequence This represents the Valve controller is in pairing mode, and looking for a sensor to pair with. This is the most default mode of the valve controller and it will continue to cycle until A sensor is engaged and starts sending signals out. To get into this mode, you can hold the magnet on the valve controller for 15 seconds or longer and remove it, this will put it into pairing mode.
Action LED flashing
This represents the LevelSmart going through the pairing process. This will happen immediately after you engage the sensor. This pairing process lasts 2.5 minutes. The first 30 flashes are 1 second apart, and the next 2 minutes of flashes are 4 seconds apart. Once successful pairing is completed, the valve controller will show a solid green “SENSOR” LED.
This represents the LevelSmart going through the pairing process. This will happen immediately after you engage the sensor.
Sensor and Action LED
This represents the LevelSmart is in working order and paired up, and the valve is open putting water into your pool or spa. Whenever you have the ACTION LED on with the green sensor LED, this means the valve is OPEN and putting water into your pool.
Sensor and Alarm LED
This represents the sensor being paired and paired successfully, and the magnet is on the valve controller and engaging the magnet switch. You will see this whenever you are using the magnet. If you do not see this, move the magnet around the magnets sweet spot until you get the red ALARM LED indicating it sees the magnet. This is used during a reset, or a valve check
Valve Check after successfully pairing
After a successful pairing, you want to make sure the valve is connected to the valve controller successfully, completing the circuit to power the valve on and off. To check the valve and actuate it for 5 seconds follow the steps below.
1. *Do not hold magnet on valve controller for more than 15 seconds as it will reset entire unit, and un pair your LevelSmart*
2. Once paired and you have a solid green SENSOR LED on your valve controller, make sure you use wire nuts to attach the valve to the valve controller. It does not matter which black or red wire is tied to the valve controller wires.
3. Using the magnet on the valve controller hold the magnet on the valve controller until you see the red ALARM LED illuminate. Hold it there for 5 seconds and remove the magnet
4. Once removed, the ACTION LED will now illuminate for 5 seconds. When this happens, it also means the valve is open. It will only open for 5 seconds then shut off.
5. Make sure the valve opens and closes during the valve test. On the hunter valve, you will hear a soft click and you will be able to hear or feel water going through the valve indicating it is working. On the commercial kit, you will hear the valve open and close. If it does not open during this test, check your connections and try again.
If Valve test Fails
1. Make sure your valve controller is showing a green sensor LED.
2. Bring water to the new desired water level, making sure it is still on the sensor.
3. Use the magnet to reset the sensor in the pool by holding the magnet on the sensor for 5 seconds and removing it
4. Make sure you got three green flashes on the sensor when you removed the magnet
5. Now observe the valve controller green sensor LED flash for about a minute as it re-calibrates your new set level.
6. Make sure you end with a solid green sensor LED.
The pairing process is a 2.5 minute process to make sure you have good communication between your sensor in the pool and the valve controller, as well as calibrate and set the level you want the LevelSmart to maintain.
- Before starting make sure the Antennas are all connected along with the antenna tip and off the ground.
- The sensor is in the pool or on the coping above installation spot.
1. Make sure the valve controller is in pairing mode flashing all 3 LEDs in a sequence. To put into pairing mode place the magnet on the controller for 16 seconds or longer and remove the magnet. Once removed, all 3 LEDs will be scrolling bottom to top.
2. Once the Valve controller is in pairing mode, take the magnet to the sensor and engage the sensor by holding it on the sensor for 5 seconds and remove.
3. You will see 3 green flashes from the top of the sensor face immediately after you remove the magnet from the sensor. You can now leave the sensor near the spot it will be adhered and go to the controller to observe the pairing process on Valve controller.
4. The Valve controller will start to flash the ACTION LED once per second for 30 seconds. Immediately after the first 30 flashes it will flash every 4 seconds while it calibrates and sets the water level.
5. For 2 minutes ACTION LED will flash every 4 seconds until you see a solid green Sensor LED.
6. At the end of the 2.5 minutes of the ACTION LED flashing, you will have one of three results.
- A solid green sensor LED indicating a successful pairing.
- A completely Solid ACTION LED indicates it is not communicating effectively and we need to place the antenna in a new spot, or place the sensor in a different location and try the pairing process again.
- The Valve controller automatically went right back into pairing mode indicating a failed pairing and you need to move the antenna or sensor and try to process over. If pairing was unsuccessful you need to place the valve controller back into pairing mode. To get back into pairing mode it will automatically go back to it, or you will need to unplug for 10 seconds and plug back in
The valve can be adjusted to your application refer to guide below:
- The valve MUST be in the OFF position for the Levelsmart to control it. This means it should always be in the OFF position unless you want to manually fill your pool
- The Flow control knob is important if you are filling a smaller body of water.Turn this down halfway or more when using a spa. For pools, leave it all the way open.
- To manually put water in your pool or spa, turn the solenoid knob counterclockwise 1⁄4 turn. * Make sure you shut it back into the OFF position after doing so.
- If the valve is left in ON position it will overfill your pool. Always make sure it lives in the OFF position.
- The valve can be installed in any orientation successfully without harming performance..
A. Solenoid Knob
Keep this in the “OFF” position. Turn “ON” to allow water in manually if desired
B. Flow Control Knob
For pools leave all the way open. For smaller bodies of water (spas and ponds) tighten down at least halfway
C. Bleeder Knob
Leave as is.
Make sure water flow is the same direction as arrow indicates
Safe & Environment friendly
Let’s express who you are, what your mission is, what is the unique selling point of your business to increase reliability as well as impress customers.
Our products are made from ingredients available in nature, so they are guaranteed to be safe for users and environmentally friendly.
We hope to bring our products to everyone, especially in remote areas, areas with difficulties
MEET THE FOUNDER
“Any quotes? Spend some time thinking and make it memorable”
This is where you tell your story as a founder. It’s the story of you, your mission, and how your brand brings your mission to life. Overlook it and you risk having a forgettable brand in a sea of products.
Craft it carefully, and you can create a powerful narrative that touches and inspires people.