Quick Start for LevelSmart installation
This is a quick start guide for installing LevelSmart, a system for maintaining desired water levels in a pool or spa.
Before beginning, bring the water to the desired level. The detailed instructions can be found at https://konalabs.com/Pages/Help.
INSTALL THE VALVE
- Plumb the valve into the designated water fill line, or “T” it into the pool return plumbing after the filter and pump equipment from a nearby water source. You can use a water spigot, or “T” off of a nearby irrigation line or similar.
- Add a pressure regulator if desired.
- Fill the pool to the desired water level
- Make sure valve solenoid is in “OFF” POSITION. This only applies to the solenoid valve kit.
INSTALL AND CONNECT VALVE CONTROLLER
- For best results mount the Valve Controller in a protected area out of direct sunlight and rain exposure. It is weatherproof rated but is always better tucked away from the elements if possible.
- Mount the valve controller using mounting screws provided in the accessory pack.
- Use the wire nuts provided in the accessory pack to connect the valve controller wires to the valve wires.
- Connect the Valve Controller to the power supply the transformer with the two pin plug, then plug into the power source.
CONNECT ANTENNAS TO VALVE CONTROLLER
- Connect all antennas, tighten connections.
- Place the antenna tip temporarily in the desired mounting position off the ground.
PAIR SENSOR AND VALVE CONTROLLER
Make sure the Valve controller is flashing in a sequence indicating it is in pairing mode. Take the sensor to the pool and remove the magnet above the position in the pool where it will live. Leave on coping and watch the pairing process take place at Valve controller. Gold Action light will flash for about 2.5 minutes. Once Pairing is successful you will have a solid green sensor LED. If pairing is not successful, place the valve controller into pairing mode by unplugging and plugging it back in, then place the magnet on the controller for 16 seconds or longer and remove.
ADHERE SENSOR AND MOUNT ANTENNA
- Clean/scrub the area where the Water Level Sensor is to be mounted. Then the dry area. The sensor will be mounted with the bottom half in the water.
- Be sure to mount the Water Level Sensor where the desired water is about 1⁄2 inch – 1.5 inch up on the sensor. Anywhere in that range is fine.
- Knead the epoxy thoroughly and spread on the dry back surface of the Water Level Sensor, then firmly press the Water Level Sensor against the mounting surface for at least 90 seconds.
- **MAKE SURE THE SENSOR IS SITTING 1⁄2 inch - 1.5 INCH into the desired water level!
SET AND CALIBRATE YOUR WATER LEVEL:
- After the Water Level Sensor is adhered, use the magnet to calibrate the water level. To Calibrate water level use the magnet and place it on the sensor as seen on the red box diagram below and hold it for 2 seconds then remove it. You will see a green light flash
- 3 times on the sensor. This indicates calibration has begun. You will see green SENSOR light flash on the valve controller for about a minute as it sets your water level.
- You will end up with a SOLID GREEN SENSOR light. Now the pool is going to fill for 7 minutes – If you don’t want more water, shut off the water supply or turn down the flow control knob for these 7 minutes. This is to ensure your valve works and you can see it work before leaving. If your valve is not opening and putting water into your pool, redo wire nuts to make sure connections are solid.
YOU ARE NOW PAIRED AND HAVE SET YOUR WATER LEVEL!
ADJUST FLOW CONTROL – VERY IMPORTANT FOR SPA APPLICATIONS!
If you are installing this on a smaller body of water like a spa or small pool, make sure you reduce the flow control knob (middle knob) so it puts less water in on each fill. Tighten down half way on the flow control knob.
Completed install checklist:
- Valve is in the OFF position
- Only LED on Valve controller is Green Sensor LED
- Valve turned on for 7 minutes after you calibrated water level.
- Water Level was calibrated between 1⁄2 inch and 1.5 inch on the sensor.
- Keep the magnet in a safe spot near the valve controller for future engagement with LevelSmart.
Understand how LevelSmart works:
After install and pairing - The LevelSmart sensor will wake up every 30 minutes, take your current water level measurement and communicate that information wirelessly to the Valve Controller. If water is needed, the controller will open up the valve and fill for 7 minutes.
Then check your water level again 30 minutes later.
For more detailed instructions visit: https://konalabs.com/Pages/Help
Safe & Environment friendly
Let’s express who you are, what your mission is, what is the unique selling point of your business to increase reliability as well as impress customers.
Our products are made from ingredients available in nature, so they are guaranteed to be safe for users and environmentally friendly.
We hope to bring our products to everyone, especially in remote areas, areas with difficulties
MEET THE FOUNDER
“Any quotes? Spend some time thinking and make it memorable”
This is where you tell your story as a founder. It’s the story of you, your mission, and how your brand brings your mission to life. Overlook it and you risk having a forgettable brand in a sea of products.
Craft it carefully, and you can create a powerful narrative that touches and inspires people.